Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Teenager's Response to "The Journey"

Last night, I showed my 16 year-old son, "The Journey".  He said, "I'm not sure I agree."  I think he said this because he is connected to me.  As a mother of two teenagers and one young adult, in some ways these "children" have been following my lead.  In this situation, I visualize them actually holding onto me.  The youngest is at the top, the other two farther down, holding onto me as I climb out of this pit.  I've had several different visualizations for what I am doing as I detach.  The latest is climbing out of a pit.  I'm ashamed to admit it, but at times I've been too tired to climb and the children have taken over.  Now, though I've taken the rightful role as parent and I'm leading the way.  Maybe they are not actually holding onto me now, but climbing behind me.  I am at the top, resting on my elbows.  I have footholds for my feet and I can see the view.  It's glorious.  The sun is coming up and the sky is scattered with clouds and washed with colors of red and purple.  It is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment